Home             About Me             KERDesigns             Inspiration             Recent Reads             Contact

Monday, December 19, 2011

6 Days ~ My Top 5 Christmas Movies

Mr. R and I are TOTALLY in the Christmas spirit now!  We just got back from a wonderful weekend in Spartanburg with *MOST* of the Reynolds/Bowdish/Strout family (seriously missed the rest, you know who you are!).  We had a Christmas night out with Mr. R's brother and his wife and some friends to the Piedmont Club (I got the filet and crab cake duo, so did Mr.  R) and then to see the Santa Land Diaries at HUBBUB.  If you have not see this wonderful monologue, especially in Spartanburg, its awesome!  Sunday, we celebrated traditional Christmas with Mr. R's family and exchanged gifts.  We love our new convection oven, Big Green Egg Accessories, these lamps for the guest bedroom, and other goodies!!!  Will miss you guys SO much on Christmas Day!

Can you believe there are only 6 days left until the big day?  One of my favorites things to do for Christmas is sit back with some popcorn, a glass of wine and a holiday movie with my loved ones.  I think I could watch these movies over and over...whats your favorite?

DRUMROLL PLEASE.......

5. IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE
Duh, who doesn't love this Christmas classic?  I am a little ashamed to say that I did not actually ever see this movie until I was about 22 years old...
via Rotten Tomatoes


4. RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
I am still a little frightened by the Abominable Snow Man but sure do love Burl Ives and the Misfit Toys.
File:Rudolphdvd.jpg
via Wikipedia

3. THE *NEW* GRINCH
They did such a wonderful job with the remake of this movie.  Jim Carrey really rocks as The Grinch and the music just puts a smile on my face.
via Hollywood Movie Costumes & Props Blog

2. THE SOUND OF MUSIC
Now I know this is not technically a "Christmasssy" movie but I have been watching this movie with my Chamberlain family since I was born.  It means the epitome of family time and Christmas to me.  "The hills are alive...with the sound of music...lalalalalala"
via Amazon

1.  LOVE ACTUALLY
Yup, its a chick flick but DAMN this is a good movie.  Not only is it my favorite Christmas movie its probably one of my favorite movies of all time.  I can watch it over and over and not get tired of  these fabulous actors and story line.
via Amazon

No comments :

Post a Comment