Home             About Me             KERDesigns             Inspiration             Recent Reads             Contact

Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Recap

Another fun, yet whirlwind weekend has come and gone.  I cannot believe its going to be August next week!!!


This weekend we...


Cooked out with friends.  We made chicken and veggie kabobs, sauteed potatoes (one of my faves) and oven fried okra (SO good).  I will share the super easy okra recipe soon.  I borrowed it from Whitney over at THE PINK ELEPHANT.


 


We went fishing and crabbing on Johns Island with the MacCoys.  The girls dominated with 10 crabs.  The boys didn't catch a single fish and even managed to lose one fishing pole.  Mr. R even took a little fall into the Stono!
post fall and minus 1 rod--still having a blast!
Mrs. MacCoy bringing the fanny pack back instyle

our catch


Saturday night we celebrated the engagement of the future Mr. and Mrs. Barnes!  The shower was at the CUTEST house up in Park Circle.  Can't wait for their wedding in October!


amazing backyard!


Future Mr. and Mrs. Barnes!

Sunday nights Mr. R and usually have our routine of dinner and TV.  I made my grandmother's chicken & stuffing casserole and it did NOT disappoint.  She used to make this every year during the ACC tournament so it was dubbed "ACC Chicken."  Its very easy and seriously so good.  I whipped up some potatoes to go with.  During the normal year our Sunday show of choice is The Amazing Race but summer has turned into True Blood and The Newsroom (we are in love with the Newsroom).  HOWEVER, the Bachelorette finale was on and Mr. R actually gets a kick out of it.  We watched both the finale AND the After The Final Rose Special.  I must say I was not exactly Team Jef before last night but he won me over.  It was just so corny between the distraught audience members, the engagement montage set to the song from Karate Kid, and Chris Harrison in general.  Also, look out spring Charleston brides, sounds like Jefily might be tying the knot down here (shocker).  Hope no one gets bumped from their venue!
Emily Maynard: 'I Found the Perfect Man' | Emily Maynard


No comments :

Post a Comment