Home             About Me             KERDesigns             Inspiration             Recent Reads             Contact

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weekend Recap

Yeah...its Tuesday, I'm a little behind.  We had an EXTREMELY busy weekend and Monday.  


Friday night Mr. R's brother and sister in law and our two nieces K & E came to spend the night.  We cooked out on the Egg in between thunderstorms.  I made THESE zucchini fries.  They were good but needed a little more Parmesan and maybe some more Italian seasoning.  
Zucchini Oven Fries



I was SO excited when I got a call from our neighbor around 7pm to ask us to go let their dog out...because their beautiful twin girls were born!!  Meet sweet A & B!  CONGRATS to the S family!
 


Saturday morning Mr. R got up bright and early to participate in the Palmetto Society's 1st Annual Redfish Tournament.  I went with my brother & sister-in-law and nieces down to the Farmers Market, it was beautiful Saturday morning.  With Spoleto happening, there was even more to see and do.
yummy cheese grits, breakfast sandwich and fresh coffee


sweet K & E


K on the bouncy slide


one of my favorite Piccolo Spoleto booths


E with my fresh flowers--loving in my office!


pony rides!


Saturday night we celebrated our good friend L's 29th birthday!  It was so fun to catch up with friends and enjoy a night out on their dock.  **I was going to make the avocado, corn & tomato salad but ran out of time.  Instead I made my salsa/cream cheese specialty.  Easiest thing in the world and addicting!
the cake from L's husband, haha
happy happy birthday!!!

Sunday we went out to Kiawah to hang out some more with Mr. R's brother and family.  We went to the beach in the morning and then the boys went to play golf and the girls went to the pool and a visit to the Kiawah Nature Center.  I got WAY too much sun.
our little starfish E


baby gators at the nature center

Our niece K just got back from a week at camp and we made Camp Greystone nachos on Sunday night!  What a fun idea for kids or a Mexican themed dinner!  Take individual bags of fritos, open them, dump beef, cheese, salsa, and whichever other toppings you may want, shake it up and serve!!  


Monday was a BIG day for birthdays.  It was my sister in law J's bday, my coworkers, our friend L from Saturday night AND my one of my bff's bdays.  We went to Pearlz in Avondale last night to celebrate L's big 29!!  We have been best friends since college and I absolutely LOVE spending time with she and her hubby J.  I wish her the best year ever!
surprise TCBY cake, her fave!


L&J, love them


Last but not least a HUGE shout out to our friends the Oakleys who will be welcoming their set of TWINS tomorrow morning!!  Cannot wait for those beautiful babies to be here and praying its a easy delivery for their momma J!


1 comment :

  1. Hi Kathryn! Thanks for the comment on my blog. Studio123 is in downtown Raleigh, NC. I got the sofa for $550 -- it is huge and heavy, so I thought it was a great deal.
    Just started following you and would love for you to follow my blog back!
    XO,
    Whit

    ReplyDelete