Home             About Me             KERDesigns             Inspiration             Recent Reads             Contact

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Weekend Recap

Well hello!!  After a whirlwind trip this weekend, I am sad to be back to reality.  Mr. R and I left late Friday to head to Raleigh to my parents and then left Saturday morning for another 5 hours to my grandparents house on Whays Creek, a little creek off the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia.  This is one of my absolute favorite places in the entire world and I was SO happy to spend the weekend with family in the sun and on the water!  
Saturday night my mom's brother and his wife came up for dinner.  Tina (uncle's wife) makes this amazing squash casserole.  More to come on that later.  Sunday we spent the majority of the day on the boat and were treated to homemade crab cakes from my grandmother.  We got a little more fishing in Monday morning and then packed it up and headed back to Raleigh for the night.  Tuesday morning we got up bright and early and came home to Charleston.  Last night we went to dinner at Wild Olive for one of our best friend's b-days!  I got the bolonganese and Mr. R got the penne.  So freaking good.  How about that rain last night?  Beryl sure made her presence known!!
Here are some lots of scene's from the weekend...hope you had a great time wherever you were and with whomever you were with!


view from the chamberlain compound


my grandfather built the house himself!


mr. r and my dad on my dad's boat 'my bonus'


heading out to the bay--we couldn't have asked for better weather


the shoreline is so different from SC but just as beautiful!


quintessential bay farm house--we used to explore this house and its grounds when we were little, CREEPY 


i caught the first fish!!


heather caught a baby crab


mr. r and i, looking out into the bay


momma osprey


momma and my cousin SE chillin in the creek


nannie made us fresh chesapeake bay blue crab cakes and OMG they were good!  recipe to come:)


daddy finally caught a fish monday morning


my #2


momma osprey on monday--she was NOT happy with us getting near her nest


mr. tucker comfortably riding his last of the 10 hours in the car..

No comments :

Post a Comment